Last modified: January 2023
DefinedCrowd Corporation, which is located at 111 W. John Street Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98119, United States of America, operating as Defined.ai (“Defined.ai” or “We”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy. This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit http://defined.ai , the products and services within our domain (referred to as “Website” in this Policy) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to the Marketplace and also to our platform Neevo.
1. What information about You do We collect, and how do We do it?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information, where applicable:
- Data provided by You directly: You provide some of this data directly as you use the Defined.ai products, fill out a custom/contact request or subscribe to our newsletter.
- Usage data collected automatically: We also get some information by processing how you use the Defined.ai products by, for example, using technologies like cookies and other similar tracking tools.
- Job Applicants: When visiting the careers portion of our Website, we collect the information that you provide to us in connection with your job application. This includes business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume. This may also include diverse information that you voluntarily provide. We use this information to facilitate our recruitment activities.
- Third parties: We may obtain data from third parties to whom you’ve provided your information, and you’ve given your consent to be transferred to us. These third-party sources may include: data brokers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect; service providers/partners that help us provide certain products.
The data we collect depends on the consent you’ve provided and on the context of your interactions with Defined.ai, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products you use. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, company, and other similarcontact data.
- Audio voice recordings, images, and/or videos.
- Usage details: We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Defined.ai and our products, such as IP addresses, cookies, other tracking technologies, location data, logs, and other communication data.
- Content: We also collect information you provide to us when you contact us about the products and the content of messages you send to us, such as questions and information you provide for customer support.
2. Why do We collect Your data?
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as a contact form;
- to provide you with notices about your account and applications (e.g., job application);
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- to perform our duties towards our customers;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it (e.g., marketing purposes, sending newsletters, targeted advertising);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to conduct analytics;
- to provide customer support;
- to analyze Defined.ai business;
- to manage your account registration;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
3. What are Your rights regarding the information collected and processed?
Concerning your information that is collected and/or processed by Defined.ai, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: You may request Defined.ai to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information.
- Right of rectification: If our information about you is incorrect, you may request Defined.ai to rectify your information. This includes the right to have incomplete information completed, taking into account the purpose of the processing.
- Right to erasure: You may request Defined.ai to erase your information, for instance, if the information is unlawfully processed or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Right to restrict processing: You may request Defined.ai to restrict the processing of your information if (i) the information is inaccurate, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or (iv) you have objected to the processing and verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: You may request Defined.ai to provide you with an electronic file of your information or transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
- Right to lodge a complaint: Ultimately, you may lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
3.1 How to exercise Your rights?
To exercise any of the above rights, please submit a verifiable Consumer Privacy Request to Defined.ai: by email at [email protected].
We will respond to your requests without undue delay but within one month. If permitted under applicable legislation, Defined.ai may extend the response period by two further months if such is necessary due to the complexity and number of requests.
3.2 Opt-Out and Unsubscribe of Marketing Messages (Newsletters)
Our marketing communications contain an easy way to avoid receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe.
If you would like to opt out of receiving Defined.ai marketing messages, you may use the unsubscribe link contained in the messages you have received, or You can use the contacts mentioned above (section 3.1).
4. Who has access to Your information?
We may share your information with other companies to work with them, including subsidiaries and affiliates of the Defined.ai corporate group. For example, Defined.ai may need to share your information with other companies within the corporate family for customer support, marketing, technical operations, and account management purposes.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers to complete tasks and provide services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the necessary personal information to deliver the service. We have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for prevention of fraud or other crime.
Defined.ai will disclose personal information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend Defined.ai property and legal rights, to protect the
personal safety of Defined.ai Website, or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement authorities.
Unless described in this Policy, Defined.ai does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
5. Your choices
You have the choice as to whether you wish to receive information from us. If you want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the Services and any of our exciting products and services, you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by e-mail or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
6. The security of Your personal data
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and according to this Policy to prevent accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website, which means any
transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that may be posed to you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
Our security measures are continually improved in line with technological developments. For instance, Defined.ai has been certified and attested to confirm compliance with ISO 27001 standards by independent auditors, which provides reasonable assurance of our security and business continuity practices.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. In addition, not locking your laptop or mobile device when you leave it unattended or using public assets to log in on our Website all pose a risk. This way, we ask you to take all the necessary precautions to avoid security breaches.
7. How long do We keep Your personal data?
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you with the service, so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations and exercise our rights concerning the information involved. Where we do not need your information to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in retaining such data.
In general, we will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the relevant service or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us and for a reasonable period of time afterward, for instance, to pursue our legitimate business interests, perform audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We regularly review our retention periods for personal information.
9. Links to other websites
10. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, as stated in our Terms & Conditions. No one under the age of 18 mayprovide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide us any information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use. If we have knowledge that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at [email protected].
11. Transferring Your information
We are a global group of companies. We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities or other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions worldwide.
We ensure there are adequate safeguards in place when transferring your data outside your country and the EU, including by relying on the applicable Standard Contractual Clauses or other lawful mechanisms or otherwise that the transfer only occurs where permitted by applicable law, intending to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
13. Contact information
You can contact our Data Protection Officer through [email protected] for all personal data matters.