Last modified: November, 2021
The Marketplace and DefinedCrowd Corporation, operating as Defined.ai ( “Defined.ai” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit defined.ai, the products and services within our domain (referred to as “Website” in this document) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- During and after your registration and/or during the execution of the jobs in our platform;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Defined.ai or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, as stated in our Terms & Conditions. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL DATA OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your recorded voice or videos;
- where you may record yourself for the purposes of image processing;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you use the Defined.ai products. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
In detail, we use the following cookies and third-party products that produce cookies:
- Google Analytics for usage insights
Defined.ai Neevo Product:
- Google Analytics for usage insights
- Managing Privacy Options
- Authentication purpose and preferences (Remember Me functionality and /or Facebook Cookie if you authenticated using Facebook)
Defined.ai Enterprise Portal
- Google Analytics for usage insights
- Authentication purpose and preferences
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. The “help” function on most browsers contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies entirely. You need to set each browser, on each device you use to surf the Web. Thus, if you use multiple browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), you should repeat this procedure with each one. Similarly, if you connect to the Web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to utilize additional cookie management tools. However, if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of our products, such as certain areas of products for which you need to be logged in, will not function properly. To opt out of Google Analytics, including Demographics and Interest Reporting, please click here.
Information You Provide to Us and Consent
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or applying for job opportunities. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Information that you provide to us when performing any job you have successfully obtained through this Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not collect any other personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not sell any of your information to third parties.
How We Use Your Information
All information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, is stored and processed by or on behalf of DefinedCrowd Corporation, which is located at 111 W. John Street Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98119, United States of America.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account and applications;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To perform our obligations towards our customers;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
All personal information collected or provided to us is stored for the period of time in which you remain a registered User, and for the period of time thereafter during which the storage and processing of your personal information is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or provided and /or for the Defined.ai to comply with its legal or contractual obligations or for the Defined.ai to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With your consent, to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Defined.ai’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Defined.ai about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- With your consent and information of all the entities the data will be shared with, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Defined.ai Corporation, our customers or others.
Data Security and Storage
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Defined.ai uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, such as Microsoft and SendGrid, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run our platform. Defined.ai vendors and partners are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) per terms of service or contract. By using our platform, you authorize Defined.ai to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate.
California Privacy Rights
Defined.ai adopted this section to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and applies solely to residents of the State of California (“California Consumers”). Without limiting the foregoing, this section provides California Consumers with the disclosures and notices required under the CCPA. Certain exceptions and limitations, may apply to a California Consumer’s rights and Defined.ai obligations under the CCPA.
Personal Information Collected. Defined.ai has collected the following categories of Personal Information from California Consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers (e.g. real name, alias, online identifier, IP address, email address, or other similar identifiers).
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Internet or Similar Network Activity (e.g. browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, application, or advertisement).
- Geolocation Data (e.g. physical location or movements).
Sources for the Personal Information We Collect. We collect the Personal Information described above from the following sources:
- directly from you when you leave a comment or use other interactive features on the Site or communicate with us, fill out a form, or submit an inquiry, use our Services, interact with us through the Site, or apply for employment with Defined.ai.
- indirectly from you as information we collect automatically from your use of the Site.
- third parties, as described in more detail below.
Use of Personal Information. Depending on your interactions with Defined.ai, we may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect about you for one or more of the following business purposes:
- to provide you with our services, which includes, but is not limited to, communicating with you, maintaining accurate records, and personalizing your experience with the Services.
- to improve our Services by analyzing how Site visitors access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- for our direct marketing efforts, such as sending you news, newsletters, email marketing material, targeted advertising, and, if you have provided us with prior express written consent to receive marketing messages via telephone, text messages or calls.
- for other purposes as permitted by law, such as complying with a law, regulation, legal process or court order, or fulfilling any other purpose with your consent.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
Disclosing Personal Information. Defined.ai may disclose Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies.
- business partners.
- parent entities, affiliates and subsidiaries.
- cookie information recipients, subject to their respective privacy notices.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Defined.ai has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories.
- internet or other similar network activity.
- geolocation data.
No Sale of Personal Information. Defined.ai has not sold any Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
Your Rights and Choices. The CCPA provides California Consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. The following paragraphs describe CCPA rights and explain how to exercise those rights. Each of these rights is subject to our receipt of a verifiable consumer request (see Submit a Consumer Privacy Request).
Right to Disclosure. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, such as:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- the categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- if we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing (i) sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (ii) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Defined.ai is only required to respond to two disclosure requests within a 12-month period.
Right to Access. You have the right to request that we provide you with access to specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you over the past 12 months (also called a data portability request). If you submit a right to access request, we will provide you with copies of the requested pieces of Personal Information in a portable and readily usable format. Please note that Defined.ai is prohibited by law from disclosing copies of certain pieces of Personal Information (e.g., government identification numbers, financial account information, and passwords or security questions and answers) because the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the information, our business systems, or your account. Defined.ai is only required by law to respond to two access requests within a 12-month period.
Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, with certain exceptions. Defined.ai may permanently delete, deidentify, or aggregate the Personal Information in response to a request for deletion. If you submit a right to deletion request, we will confirm the Personal Information to be deleted prior to its deletion, and we will notify you when your request is complete.
Submit a Consumer Privacy Request. To exercise any of the above rights, please submit a verifiable consumer privacy request to Defined.ai: by email at [email protected]
Verification. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information unless we can verify your identity and your authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. A verifiable consumer privacy request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
You do not have to sign up with Defined.ai to make a verifiable consumer privacy request. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer privacy request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Authorized Agent. You may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Otherwise, only you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent or who is registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf, or to whom you have provided power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465 (“Authorized Agent”) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If you wish to have an Authorized Agent make a verifiable consumer request on your behalf, they will need to provide us with sufficient written proof that you have designated them as your Authorized Agent, and we will still require you to provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information.
Defined.ai Response. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. If we require more time, we will notify you in writing of the reason and extension period. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of the verifiable consumer request. If we cannot comply with part or all of your request, we will explain the reasons in our response.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer privacy request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by law, we will not do any of the following as a result of your having exercised your right under the CCPA:
- deny you goods or services.
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84 (the Shine the Light Act) entitles California residents to request disclosure regarding Personal Information sharing with affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you would like to request a copy of this notice, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information.”
Privacy Notice to Residents of the European Union
This section applies to residents of the European Union.
Defined.ai adopted this section to comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). This section applies solely to Site visitors, users, and others who are residents of the European Union (“EU Residents”). To the extent that Defined.ai’s activities implicate the GDPR now or in the future, this section provides EU Residents with the notice and disclosures required under the GDPR.
Data Controller. The data controller of your Personal Information is Defined.ai.
Lawful Basis. Defined.ai processes your Personal Information (a) when applicable, with your direct consent; (b) if we have a legitimate interest in doing so, including fulfilling our obligations as a data processor to your company or business, administering our business, maintaining the quality of our Website and services, providing customer service, or identifying new business opportunities; or (c) as authorized or required by law.
Additional rights: you have the following rights in relation to the Personal Information we hold about you.
|Your right||What this means for you||What you can do|
|To access your Personal Information.||If you request it, we will provide you with access to your Personal Information, along with details about the types of Personal Information we process, why we process it, and any third parties we work with to collect Personal Information on our behalf.||You can request to access your Personal Information (i.e. a copy of it). We may have one or more legally valid reasons to refuse your request in whole or in part, for example in order to protect the rights of other individuals.|
|To restrict the processing of your Personal Information.||In certain circumstances and to the extent required by law, we are required to restrict our processing of your Personal Information.||You can request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information if (i) the data is inaccurate, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) we no longer need the Personal Information, or (iv) you exercise your right to object.|
|To rectify your Personal Information.||We are required to correct the Personal Information we have about you if you inform us that it is incorrect.||If you become aware that the Personal Information that we hold about you is incorrect, or if your situation changes (for example you change address) please inform us and we will update our records.|
|To data portability.||In some circumstances, we are required to provide your Personal Information to another organization at your request and in a format that allows the other organization to read and use it.||You have the right to request that we transfer your Personal Information to another organization (i.e. another data controller) in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format, so that the other organization can read and use it.|
|To erasure of your Personal Information (a.k.a. the “right to be forgotten”).||Upon your request, and in certain circumstances and where we are required to do so by law, we are required to delete your Personal Information. This right is not absolute, and we may be entitled to retain and process your Personal Information despite your request.||If you make this request, we balance certain legal, contractual and business interests against your right to request the deletion of your Personal Information.|
|To object to certain processing of your Personal Information.||Upon your request, and in certain circumstances and where we are required to do so by law, we will limit our processing of your Personal Information as you request.||You may object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. If you make this request, we will consider certain legal, contractual and business interests and obligations against your right to object to the processing. You can also object to our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.|
|To not be subject to a decision based solely on “automated processing.”||We are required to keep records of automated processing that we carry out, if any, and, in certain circumstances, provide you with information about the way that the decisions are made, and respond to your objections to being subject to decisions made.||We do not currently make decisions about individuals based solely on automated processing. If we engage in this activity in the future, you will have the right to object to a decision we make wholly by a computer or algorithm without human input and to receive information about this type of processing.|
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please make a request to [email protected]